Here’s how to delete your Facebook account from a smartphone or computer. We also detail how to deactivate your Facebook account.
Let’s see how to delete your Facebook account. Indeed, even if the social network founded by Mark Zuckerberg has more than two billion users, many people regularly express their desire to leave the platform. Here is a tutorial to help you in this process.
First we’ll look at how to permanently delete your Facebook account, then if you want a less drastic solution, how to deactivate your Facebook account. For Instagram, it’s this way.
HOW TO DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT (PERMANENTLY)
Below, we will detail the best way to delete your account from a computer and from a smartphone. Also remember to download your data first.
DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT FROM A SMARTPHONE
- Open the Facebook application
- Click on the three-bar icon at the top right
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy and open that menu
- Then select Settings
- Search for Account Ownership and Control and tap on it
- Go to Deactivation and Deletion
- Check Delete account
- Confirm by tapping Continue to delete the account
- Then, click again on Continue to delete the account and follow the instructions
DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT FROM A COMPUTER
- Log in to Facebook on your browser
- Click on the arrow at the top right
- Select Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu
- Then go to Settings
- Go to Your Facebook Information from the left column
- Scroll down to Deactivation and Deletion and click on it
- Check Delete account
- Click on Continue to delete the account
- Then confirm by taking the last few steps
UNDELETING YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
To undelete your Facebook account, you must log back into the social network within 30 days of initiating the deletion process.
If you miss this deadline, the deletion of your account will be final and irreversible.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Deactivating your Facebook account allows you to suspend your activity on the social network while continuing to use the Messenger service.
It is also convenient for all those people who want to test life without Facebook, but are not yet quite sure of their decision and therefore wish to preserve a way to go back.
DEACTIVATE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT FROM A SMARTPHONE OR A COMPUTER
To deactivate your Facebook account, you need to follow the same first six steps as for the deletion described earlier in this article, whether on a smartphone or a computer. However, in step 7, you will need to check Deactivate account, and then press Continue to deactivate account.
You will then only have to finalize the last steps by letting yourself be guided to deactivate your Facebook account.
REACTIVATE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
To undo the deactivation, simply log back into your Facebook account whenever you feel like it. This also works if you log in to another service using your Facebook profile.